B. Rule & Company
Theresa Pepin, organist, performs on the historic B Rule Organ Opus 8 at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, TN, USA. Original components of the 2-manual/25-rank mechanical action tracker organ date back to 1891.
Funding for the performance was provided, in part, by a professional artist support grant under an agreement with the Tennessee Arts Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts. Selections were chosen to showcase the versatility of this instrument.
Repertory includes that of French, English, German, American and International composers for the organ.
Click links to hear sample mp3s:
- Fugue sur le theme du carillon des heures de la cathedrale de Soissons (Maurice Durufle)
- Les enfants de Dieu (Olivier Messiaen)
- Offertoire sur “O filii et filiae” (Francois Dandrieu)
- Voluntary and Trumpet Tune (John Stanley)
- Cantilena romantica (Thomas Dunhill)
- Song of Sunshine (Alfred Hollins)
- O Lamm Gottes BWV 656 (J. S. Bach)
- Sonata no. 4 in a minor / I. Tempo moderato (Joseph Rheinberger)
- Sonata no. 4 in a minor / II. Intermezzo (Joseph Rheinberger)
- Sonata no. 4 in a minor / III. Fuga cromatica (Joseph Rheinberger)
- Fight on, my soul (Gardner Read)
- Thou Man of grief remember me (Gardner Read)
- And faith points upward to the sky (Robert Powell)
- Sometimes a light surprises (Robert Powell)
- Toccata on a theme of Cochereau and “Joyful, joyful” (Christina Harmon)
- Prelude on “Veni Creator Spiritus” (Libby Larson)
- Salamanca (Guy Bovet)
- Toccata (Georgi Mushel)